Mixed Media Magic with Mary Peterson
Date/Time: Tuesday May 5 / 6-8:30pm / $40
Class Description: Spend an evening discovering the delightful effects of "soft" plate printing techniques on the newest sensation: Gelli Plates! You will learn how to make your own stencil and use it with Gelli Plate mono-printmaking. Get your creative juices flowing with gads of clever mixed media ideas only Mary can bring on.
• 1 exacto knife with extra blades**
• Small cutting mat for scrapbooking**
• 3x5 Gelli Plate ** is all you need for this class.
ARTspot also carries Gelli Plates in 5x7, 8x10, and 8" Rounds. You can get the size of your choice if you think a larger size would be more useful for you in the future.
• Stencil Waxed Paper ** $1.75 at ARTspot
• Card stock and/or cards for printing on. **
• Photos of objects or silhouettes of people /things to use as inspiration for making stencils
• 3-6 colors of acrylic paint ( preferably Studio by Pebeo)**
• Markers, gel pens, pencils**
Optional Fun Stuff
- TCW Stencils**
- Spray Inks / Golden High Flow Acrylics**
- Pearl Ex Mica Powder **
** All items on list available at ARTspot and as a registered student you get 10% off! Our staff can set aside a selection for you and have it ready and waiting, or come in anytime for assistance in selecting your art materials.