"Contemporary Acrylics: Abstract Self Portrait" with Tracy Felix Fraker
DATE/TIME: September 6 / 11am-4pm
REGISTRATION: You can register for this class by calling in, coming in, or online. Scroll ot the bottom of the page for online registration. 425.640.6408
LOCATION: ARTspot Studio - located in the back room of ARTspot, 408 Main Street, Edmonds, 98020.
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: ----
SUPPLY LIST: You can purchase all your quality art supplies at ARTspot. Registered students receive a 10% discount on all their art supplies during the course. All items on this list are available at ARTspot.
I ENCOURAGE experimentation, so a variety of supplies is welcome. I strongly encourage you to use artist quality paints - I use Golden paints as the pigments are pure and bright.
Questions or info about these supplies? Feel free to email Tracy at ARTspotEdmonds@gmail.com. Any one of our ARTspot staff members would be happy to answer questions and/or set aside what you need so you are all ready for class. 425-640-6408.
- You can use a rectangular Tupperware type container with lid or can purchase a sealing palette for acrylics to keep paints from drying out. We recommend the Artelier Airtight Peel-Off Palette.
- You can bring in Acrylic paints you already have, but I highly recommend professional artists paints. Avoid “cheap” student grade paints! If you are just getting started, my best recommendation is: Golden Color Theory Set of 8 colors. A perfect set to start with. Required for Color Theory. (We also have set in fluid and mini tubes.)
- 16x20” or 18x24” or similar size canvas, canvas panel, MDF or cradled board
- A variety of Gel Mediums and Molding Pastes: these are super versatile: regular or heavy gel & molding paste.
- Acrylic Bristol Brushes, variety. I love #8, 10 and 12 flats and filberts (Bring any brushes you already have.)
- Flat sided palette knife
- Spray bottle for water
- Apron or old shirt
- Collage materials you like, although I will have a selection for you to use here