"Contemporary Acrylics: "Painting in Layers" with Tracy Felix Fraker
DATE/TIME: Sunday, June 14 / 11am-5pm
REGISTRATION: You can register for this class by calling in, coming in, or online. Scroll ot the bottom of the page for online registration. 425.640.6408
LOCATION: This class will be held at the Cole Gallery Studio - 107 5th Ave S. Just around the corner from ARTspot.
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: One of the true joys of painting with acrylics is the ability to add layer upon layer to create a feeling of depth: both visually and of meaning. For this class, we will complete a midsize painting in one day using mark making, collage and paint. We will gain an understanding of choosing opaque paints vs transparent paints. We will also touch on composition and the importance of contrast. It is a dynamic class and will give you some new ways to think about working in acrylics!
SUPPLY LIST: You can purchase all your quality art supplies at ARTspot. Registered students receive a 10% discount on all their art supplies during the course. All items on this list are available at ARTspot.
I ENCOURAGE experimentation, so a variety of supplies is welcome. I strongly encourage you to use artist quality paints - I use Golden paints as the pigments are pure and bright.
Questions or info about these supplies? Feel free to email Tracy at ARTspotEdmonds@gmail.com. Any one of our ARTspot staff members would be happy to answer questions and/or set aside what you need so you are all ready for class. 425-640-6408.
- You can use a rectangular Tupperware type container with lid or can purchase a sealing palette for acrylics to keep paints from drying out. We recommend the Artelier Airtight Peel-Off Palette.
- You can bring in Acrylic paints you already have, but I highly recommend professional artists paints. Avoid “cheap” student grade paints! If you are just getting started, my best recommendation is: Golden Color Theory Set of 8 colors. A perfect set to start with. Required for Color Theory. (We also have set in fluid and mini tubes.)
Golden Fluid Acrylic: Titan Buff (This is an unbleached, or "Buff" Titanium)
- 16x20” or 18x24” or similar size canvas, canvas panel, MDF or cradled board
- A variety of Gel Mediums and Molding Pastes: these are super versatile: regular or heavy gel & molding paste.
- Acrylic Bristol Brushes, variety. I love #8, 10 and 12 flats and filberts (Bring any brushes
- you already have.)
- Flat sided palette knife
- Spray bottle for water
- Apron or old shirt
- Collage materials you like, although I will have a selection for you to use here
Complete registration by checking out with the shopping cart in the upper right corner.