Experience The Artist's Way the ARTspot Way with Michele McGraw
NEW DATES! Six Wednesday nights:
March 18, 25 (Skip April 1st) April 8, 15, 22, &29 / 6pm-8:30pm $225
CLASS SIZE: Maximum 8
REGISTRATION: You can register for this class by calling in, coming in, or online. Scroll ot the bottom of the page for online registration. 425.640.6408
LOCATION: ARTspot Studio - located onsite at ARTspot, 408 Main Street, Edmonds, 98020.
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: A six-week series designed to help you discover and develop the pathway to your own creativity. Awaken and nurture the artist within you surrounded by a supportive cluster of others also craving the successful creative life! Optional group “Art Dates” will be coordinated at the direction of facilitator and participants together. This class features the basic tenets of honoring the artist within you emphasizing:
- inner compass as an artist
- autobiography as a creative being
- touchstones, totems, & symbols
Build a foundation for discovery and embrace a willingness to explore your creative self in a way that brings you confidence and inspiration.
Your class facilitator is an artist of many mediums with a deep appreciation of all the aesthetic that surrounds us. Using the bones of Julia Cameron’s hit book, The Artist’s Way, you will have the opportunity to explore, develop, and define your own unique way starting right *where you are* at!
Please note that you will attend three consecutive Wednesday evening classes. Skip one week (Michele teaches continuing Sacred Circle group on the first Wednesday of each month). Then your final three classes will resume for three more consecutive Wednesdays. You are welcome to join the Sacred Circle group at any time. Check it out at: Creative Sacred Circle.
Each participant commits to:
- Independent work exercises: reading, journaling, and selected tasks that will help you on your creative path, plus a weekly solo “Art Date” with yourself.
- Work within the group, including the opportunity to engage in a new project each week to foster personal expression, creative experimentation, and the opportunity to play with a variety of art mediums.
No need to purchase any supplies before class. Bring what you already have or plan to purchase at the first class. ARTspot has everything you could want if you are starting from scratch, including "The Artist's Way."
- A copy of the book, The Artist’s Way
- A Blank Book (w/ plain cover) for decoration and journaling
- Cool Journaling Pen. Art Spot stocks an amazing variety of quality writing instruments so please come prepared to treat yourself to a special pen at the first class as part of getting your creative juices flowing! Other class supplies and items for projects will be provided by instructor, can be readily found between projects, or can be collected within the group.
You can purchase all your quality art supplies on this list at ARTspot.
Registered students receive a 10% discount on all their art supplies during the course.
Complete registration by checking out with the shopping cart in the upper right corner.